John's Mom About Her Son

I'm very proud to tell you all I am John's mom. I am writing this with an extremely heavy heart. John was the BEST son a mom could ask have. All the kinds words you have written about him, multiply them by a trillion, and that is how deep my love and respect go for him. He always had time for me. He was always concerned with what I needed. He insisted my computer, my digital camera, my cell phone had to be configured to the limit. I only wanted to be able to use them without having to call him each time and bother him because I forgot what he told me to do. Some of our best conversations were on the phone as he drove home from the airport. When I read your names on your beautiful tributes, I feel like I know you because John spoke so highly and often about each of you. John loved his Cisco family and was passionate about his work. Our biggest joke was after he told me about something he was working on at the time, I would say, Wow, that sounds great, now can you tell me what that means in English!!! He always smiled and shook his head.

He was a wonderful husband. A city kid who had a farm, horses, animals, pastures, fences to mend, feeding chores for the horses and so-on. He learned to do all of it and NEVER complained. He had a tractor, a bob cat and a riding mower. He did like toys! Heather would just shake her head and smile. They were a great team.

He loved his Porsche. Right now it is in my garage. Not that John doesn't have a garage space in his heated garage for it, but, John had to take it out for one more ride and the weather turned ugly and he couldn't get it up the hill to his house to so he drove it over to my house and put it in my garage. I assured him I would not take it out for a spin! He just laughed.

I have so many beautiful memories of John. His sister used to tease him and tell him he was mom's "Buttercup". He was. I will never understand why he was taken from us so early in his life, but, I have to believe there is work somewhere for him to do, elsewhere. He will be in my heart everyday and this heart of mine bursts with pride. I am thankful that so many lives were touched by John. Your kind words are a comfort.

On behalf of the entire Zaccagnini family, thank you all for knowing and loving my John, and taking the time to write down your thoughts. I will treasure these quotes forever.

John's Mom

No comments: