A note from John’s cousin…

It is with mixed emotions that I write this. I am so sad for the loss of my cousin, John, yet I am comforted by all the comments from those who knew and honored him. All of these entries make me think of the good times I shared with him and happy that so many others shared in good times with him as well. There is nothing I can say that has not already been said about John. I love that everyone seemed to capture everything that is my cousin. Everyone knew him like I knew him, some even a little better.

John was the kind of person who would do anything for anyone. He was always smiling and his overall sense of happiness was contagious. I have so many fond memories of my cousin spanning from when we were little kids to becoming adults. I remember the times we played bumper pool at Grandma’s, (I think I may have even beaten him once or twice) all the holidays our families spent together where we just hung out and played… after I moved to California with my family I remember coming back here to visit with John. As we got older the visits included trips to Taste of Chicago, the Sears Tower, hours of conversation and driving “The Course” with him. Then there was the time we crashed Uncle John’s Mustang on “the course.” Oh the fond memories… I remember when he would visit me in California while on trips for business. I introduced him to friends of mine and being John, he made impressions on them that will last their lifetimes.

I will forever remember John as having the best smile and always making me laugh. I will remember him being a great son to my Aunt Linda, the best brother my cousin Paula could have, a very loving husband to his wife, Heather and not only a great cousin to me but also a good friend.

I take comfort knowing that whatever God has planned now for John he will make us all proud. I will forever miss him…I love you John. Thank you for all the times we shared!

Your cousin,
Kim

No comments: